So, it’s a pandemic and you’re not going to the gym eh. Running is so simple and convenient but odds are those who are reading this are not doing it. What do you think the probability is of catching COVID-19 in the open air far from people? What are your chances of recovering from COVID-19 should you catch it after having achieved a particular level of fitness from running?
- You need to be enriched by subtle radiation from the sun
- You excite neurotransmitters thereby increasing receptive capacity of target tissue
- Increased rate of blood flow exercises elasticity of arteries and veins potentially reducing plaque
- Increase caloric output effectively prohibiting weight gain
- Potential for increasing mental acuity
Things to consider:
a. Start slow…walk at first . Consider getting a medical consult first.
b. Pace yourself.
c. Distance doesn’t matter. It’s not a competition. Your chance at Olympic fame is over.
d. Bring a piece of I.D. with you.
e. Dress for the conditions.