I woke up this morning to a USA Today headline “The man is
pathetic”: Giuliani attacks Cohen. My gut tells me that those spewing such
vitriolic comments likely have ethical dilemmas themselves which brew
underneath a bravado like facade. This
seems to be the new normal in politics. In an era past when differences of opinion
could be debated with intelligence and unwritten rules of conduct, it’s now all
out unfiltered attack based on emotionally planted self centred ego driven applause
It’s quite obvious to the bystander that Trump’s ex lawyer
Cohen succumbed to heat applied by Trump during tenuous transactions arising
from Trump’s business and personal conduct. In the remote chance you haven’t
been witnessing Trump’s bully like conduct and visceral need to react intensely
to any slight against him through his twitter account, never mind his
propensity to litigate contractors in business, you can easily formulate
through a “paint by numbers” like puzzle that this seems to be a man who takes
every occasion to wield financial power regardless of ethical implications.
Now, he is facing the music as he deserves. I had actually seen enough simply
through his conduct in the election campaign that this was a man unfit for
office. In spite of nepotism rules, Trump somehow determined that his daughter
and son in law despite their youth and inexperience in governmental affairs
would be apt “Advisers to the President”. I actually believe the man has some
merit and humanity behind his veil which has unfortunately been voided by aberration.
I suggest that Mr. Giuliani’s propensity to defend thePresident has more to do with his own need to have his ego stroked than anymisplaced loyalty. There are men who reach their twilight years and still donot discover the means to bypass this ego laden short circuitingmechanism.
Upon posting, I thought this might go in my blog categorization of “personal development”. Wink.
I suspect that an astute POTUS would have went away from the teleprompter having sensed that the wrong speech was loaded up for the Boy Scout brigade and made light of the error while creatively addressing curious boys with merits of their organization, benefits of community service, nation building through team cooperation etc. Instead, I guess Trump will castigate and maybe fire some guy handling speeches. Does anybody have a snapshot of the look on the face of some Scoutmaster bemused by Trump’s ramblings over political hardship amongst innocent boys eager for a return to scheduled jamboree fun?
A friend of mine has expressed that President Trump’s motives were purely altruistic as he sought the presidency and that he has “looked beyond” the immature behavioural idiosyncracies of the man in lieu of the independence and platform that he brings to the White House. Much of our discussion referenced border protection and the prospect of western values and security being undermined. In spite of my assertion that his character as exhibited through behaviour could negatively impact military decision making, I was at many moments of our healthy debate transfixed by my friend’s passion and degree of confidence that the “deep state” had a lock on influence peddling through the Clintons and Obama.
Consequently, I’m compelled to further examine the purported benevolence of Donald Trump when Trump’s propensity to wield personal insults expresses otherwise.
- Although closed door, it’s been reported that he has directly challenged Putin (G20) on proven evidence of Russian attempts of interfering in the November general election despite my perception from reading that he’s not entirely convinced himself.
- Sincere testimonials of his good deeds and treatment of minorities were exhibited in his election campaign rallies.
- Conviction on policy platform as advertised. (Immigration, border security, trade)
- There’s no denying his fight and there’s no bigger battle to win than a better future for all.
- Donation of first quarter’s salary toward restoration of war historical structures. Gesture should not be minimized in context of his means.
- Just motive can be ascribed in a yearning to apply skill set of private sector deal making toward public policy and international agreements.
- Despite business ties to Russia as cited by Heather Timmons of qz.com, it could be perceived that any such commercial ties to Russia by Trump do not entail any conflict in representing U.S. interests and that “trusts” administered would provide arms length comfort to U.S. citizens.
- I’ve not read of any account (not that there’s been none) of any domestic interest group seeking favour from Trump in exchange for political funding.
- No executive order within the first 100 days of office has any appearance of contributing to any Trump business gain.
- Men of integrity in the twilight of their careers with much to lose have aligned with Trump.
I suppose some people are surprised this morning upon reading news of Trump’s latest despicable tweets (referencing MSNBC Morning Joe hosts). Frankly I’m not when one takes a hard look at the character of the man in lieu of his behavior during the presidential campaign where he mocked a disabled man, made reference reporter Megyn Kelly’s biological cycle during a verbal interlude between them, felt compelled with reactionary immaturity and obvious low self esteem to make a Phallic reference to his hands on national TV, outright insulted presidential candidate Rand Paul during debate, proudly bragged about “grabbing women’s genitals” during an apparent “locker room talk” encounter, not to mention the more innocuous yet disturbing insults obviously wielded during his storied law suit infested career.
Parents, I understand the task of isolating this anomaly as an outlier of the success formula as you go about your duty of teaching principles of success, kindness, respect, and dignity to your kids. It’s simply too bad that this outlier happened to climb atop the highest office in the land. Let it be a lesson to those in the positions of political power that if you ignore or marginalize a segment of society and this segment mutates aggressively, expect the unexpected and the potential for a degradation in your espoused values when they assign a leader such as Donald Trump.